Community

Boise community unites to replace stolen pride flags

Boise Police have arrested a person suspected of stealing pride flags in the Boise North End. BOISE, Idaho – The community of Boise proves love trumps hate after pride flags are stolen and damaged in the North End. Boise Police responded to reports of a theft on Harrison Boulevard early …

Read More »

Pitt Community College Joins Other Locations in Tuition-Free Program

through: Pitt Community College Posted: June 17, 2021 / 8:25 PM EDT / Update: June 17, 2021 / 8:26 PM EDT WINTERVILLE, NC – A new program to boost North Carolina’s economic recovery after COVID-19 gives the state’s 2021 high school graduates the opportunity to attend Pitt Community College tuition-free …

Read More »

Community partners together to help the Hispanic and Latino community get vaccinated against COVID-19

SAVANNAH, Ga. (WTOC) – This is a targeted effort to help immunize the Hispanic and Latino community. Community partners have teamed up to help break down barriers so they can be protected against COVID-19. It is a community of people within the community. Nassau Woods is home to around 300 …

Read More »

MacKenzie Scott Donates Millions to Community Colleges, Regional Colleges and Nonprofits

Just six months after making headlines for making $ 4.1 billion in donations to nonprofits and higher education institutions, philanthropist and writer MacKenzie Scott announced Tuesday that she had donates more than $ 2.73 billion to dozens of colleges that expand access to higher education for under-represented students, as well …

Read More »

Mediavine partners with PFLAG National to uplift the LGBTQ + community with the PSA campaign through Mediavine’s network of 8,000 independent publishers

BOCA RATON, Florida, June 15, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Mediavine, the largest exclusive full-service ad management company in the United States, is pleased to partner with National PFLAG, the country’s first and largest organization for LGBTQ + people, their parents, families and allies, as part of a year-round PSA …

Read More »

Community leaders set to celebrate June 15 in GR

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) – America is days away from celebrating a national holiday that commemorates the end of slavery. Community leaders in western Michigan are preparing to honor June 19 – also known as Juneteenth – a day that marks the end of slavery in the United States. The …

Read More »

Toronto’s LGBTQ community pushes to reclaim safe spaces following alleged hate crimes

There are a decreasing number of places members of the LGBTQ community feel safe in Toronto following an alleged hate-motivated attack near Hanlan’s Point last weekend, according to advocates. Justin Khan of 519, an agency dedicated to advocating for LGBTQ Torontonians, told CBC News that the beach on Toronto Island …

Read More »

Over 2,900 children to benefit from Princeton Area Community Foundation COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Fund grants for summer programs

Princeton Area Community Foundation × Princeton Area Community Foundation The Princeton Area Community Foundation has awarded $ 199,000 in COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Fund grants to nonprofits running summer programs that will include instruction to help students overcome learning losses caused by the pandemic. “Through these grants, we are helping …

Read More »

Opinion: My LGBTQIA + community has been a crucial space for my creative growth. Here is what I learned.

Zablit (she / she) is a host, performer, writer, artistic engagement program manager at the Old Globe, and originally from San Diego. How does a recent theater graduate build a career in San Diego? When I graduated from college in 2016 and returned to my hometown of San Diego, I …

Read More »

The exhibition Five Years After the Pulse Tragedy pays tribute to the 49

Community: Five Years After the Pulse Tragedy exhibition pays tribute to the 49 Many visitors to the Pulse Memorial Exhibit need it because this journey through time is painful. Hope perhaps, but heartbreaking. ORLANDO, Florida – Beyond the illuminated entrance sign to the Orange County Regional History Center are facial …

Read More »