Community

The community mourns the sudden death of the director of Ambulance Creek Co.: “Quite a legacy”

The loss of a longtime Creek County Ambulance manager left a big hole in the hearts of those who worked with her. Rita Diehl leaves behind a huge legacy. She served her community in Creek County for almost 40 years and helped improve medical services statewide. His legacy in the …

Read More »

LA Community Hearing on Homelessness, Housing and Hunger

LOS ANGELES–(COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Housing is a human right (HRH) and key state and local lawmakers will hold a “Community Hearing on Homelessness, Housing and Hunger” on Friday 25 Junee in downtown Los Angeles. The hearings will include 3 round tables with public testimonies (“Hunger” at 11:00 am, “Housing” at …

Read More »

Promotion 2021: the Deguire twins from Mohonasen show their community spirit, make a difference

Elders from Mohonasen and twin siblings Hailey Deguire and Jake Deguire gave their all to the sports they played and the community they live in while in high school. The two 17-year-olds were multisport athletes in Mohonasen, setting records and participating as members of the school’s student sports council. Hailey …

Read More »

Community weighs in on downtown Richmond proposal

RICHMOND, Virginia (WWBT) – The community had the opportunity to speak out on Mayor Levar Stoney’s efforts to breathe new life into downtown Richmond. Neighbors said they were happy to have the opportunity to partner with the city on what could be the proposed “downtown” development. While some are immediately …

Read More »

Fort Recovery community rallies after Friday tornado

FORT RECOVERY, Ohio (WDTN) – The Fort Recovery cleanup effort continued on Saturday as the community celebrated its previously scheduled festival. Fort Recovery’s harvest jubilee was on Friday night when the tornado moved, but the festival was out of the storm’s path. The Jubilee was still in full swing on …

Read More »

Finding Faith: The Beloved Community | News, Sports, Jobs

Rev. Laura king Some time ago, I was cleaning the house and I came across my vaccination record … from 1963. It was noted that I had received my three polio vaccines. Why do we love this region? Is it because it looks like a caring and peaceful community? Is …

Read More »

Boise community unites to replace stolen pride flags

Boise Police have arrested a person suspected of stealing pride flags in the Boise North End. BOISE, Idaho – The community of Boise proves love trumps hate after pride flags are stolen and damaged in the North End. Boise Police responded to reports of a theft on Harrison Boulevard early …

Read More »

Pitt Community College Joins Other Locations in Tuition-Free Program

through: Pitt Community College Posted: June 17, 2021 / 8:25 PM EDT / Update: June 17, 2021 / 8:26 PM EDT WINTERVILLE, NC – A new program to boost North Carolina’s economic recovery after COVID-19 gives the state’s 2021 high school graduates the opportunity to attend Pitt Community College tuition-free …

Read More »

Community partners together to help the Hispanic and Latino community get vaccinated against COVID-19

SAVANNAH, Ga. (WTOC) – This is a targeted effort to help immunize the Hispanic and Latino community. Community partners have teamed up to help break down barriers so they can be protected against COVID-19. It is a community of people within the community. Nassau Woods is home to around 300 …

Read More »

MacKenzie Scott Donates Millions to Community Colleges, Regional Colleges and Nonprofits

Just six months after making headlines for making $ 4.1 billion in donations to nonprofits and higher education institutions, philanthropist and writer MacKenzie Scott announced Tuesday that she had donates more than $ 2.73 billion to dozens of colleges that expand access to higher education for under-represented students, as well …

Read More »