After reports of a OnePlus Nord 2 explosion hit the media, the China-based company has now sent a legal notice to the lawyer who tweeted about it earlier this month, l ‘accusing of a smear campaign.
On September 8, lawyer Gaurav Gulati had tweeted, with images, a burnt OnePlus Nord 2 phone that allegedly caught fire and exploded while Gulati was in his office in Delhi. Pictures show a burnt back and a burnt phone inside in a lawyer jacket, which also appears to have been damaged by fire.
Lawyer Gaurav Gulati tweeted the copy of the opinion on Saturday. Oneplus confirmed To NDTV that they issued a “cease and desist” notice to Gulati.
हो सकता पराजित नहीं ….
@barcouncilindia @OnePlus_IN @OnePlus_Support
So I got this legal opinion for raising my voice for everything I went through after the incident with my mobile explosion. So that’s the price I have to pay to be the whistleblower. pic.twitter.com/6hOxTMi6Vw
– GAURAV GULATI (@ Adv_Gulati1) September 18, 2021
The notice says the owner of the Nord 2 phone made “self-contradictory statements” with malicious intent to damage the company’s reputation.
He added that the “derogatory content” appeared “retributive, speculative, suggesting a smear campaign” to defame the company.
The advisory then asked Gulati to delete her original tweets and post in writing a clarification of her statements to the media during the phone “explosion”.
According to the notice, Gulati did not hand over his phone for investigation or let company officials examine it. He Recount NDTV that he found the investigative team unresponsive and believed that handing over the phone might falsify any evidence that the explosion had taken place. He also said the phone was not charging or in use at the time of the incident.
This is the second such incident reported with the Nord 2 line of phones.
Check Out the Latest DH Videos Here