OnePlus has released the OxygenOS Open Beta 5 update for OnePlus Nord. The latest open beta comes with a number of bug fixes and network improvements.
The update fixes the frame drop issue as well as the abnormal Nightscape Tripod preview in the camera app. It also improves the phone’s ability to detect the wireless network and the speed of the Wi-Fi connection, among others.
Here is the full changelog for the OnePlus Nord OxygenOS Open Beta 5 update:
- Improved ability to detect wireless network
- Improved Wi-Fi connection speed
- Fixed an abnormal display issue with the screen when copying files to OTG
- Fixed an abnormal display of the preview in Nightscape Tripod mode
- Fixed the issue where the camera was unresponsive when setting the profile picture in Contact
- Fixed frame drop issue with videos taken by the camera
- Fixed issue where the preview abnormally displays 0.6x ultra-wide at 1080P 60fps
In announcing the update, OnePlus warned that beta software is sometimes not as stable as official OTAs usually are. By installing this update, users accept the potential risks and are advised to take a full system backup before installing this version.
Those who are currently running the previous version i.e. OxygenOS Open Beta 4 will receive this new version as an OTA. The OnePlus Nord OP4 released in March with the February 2021 Android security patch and a handful of bug fixes.